Survey on Solutions for exchange towards a roadmap for deployment
The X-eHealth program, a Horizon2020 Coordination and Support Action, is set up to support the European eHealth Interoperability roadmap for deployment. The program aims to accelerate the implementation of the European eHealth Record Exchange Format (EEHRxF) through standardisation and harmonisation of health data, thus providing patients, healthcare professionals and health institutions with improved quality, safety and efficiency.
This survey is meant to create a first inventory of the current state of play regarding the four X-eHealth use cases from all participating countries.
On this basis, X-eHealth and the eHealth Network Technical Sub-Group joined forces and have set up a combined survey. The objectives of this survey are:
- To collect information on solutions (existing or being developed) applied for the exchange of laboratory results, medical images and reports, discharge letters and/or patient summary for those suffering from rare disease;
- to identify any solutions (existing or being developed) for the exchange of health information aimed at supporting health professionals during the COVID-19 pandemic;
- to elicit the needs of MS/C regarding COVID-19 use cases.
The results of this survey will be used for the following purposes:
- To serve as input for X-eHealth Work packages, notably WP 5 (Definition of EEHRxF Functional Specifications), WP 6 (Definition of EEHRxF Technical Specifications) and WP7 (Architecture integration and System specification);
- To enable the eHN TSG to determine possible scenarios to improve eHDSI-usefulness in the short term for COVID-19 related use cases.